Skip to main content

Competition



Before I get back to informing everybody of all the wonderful Minnesota activities/attractions/life changing locations, I feel I need to make a challenge to at least one individual (the challenge will be open to all).

A few days ago, I talked with a friend from Indianapolis, Indiana, whom I met at my current job and used to live in Minnesota and moved back to Indiana over 2 years ago. This friend has curly hair and has a last name that is 6 letters long. They also has a dog named Sada. This friend will remain nameless. My friend mentioned making their own blog about why Indianapolis is cool.

Well, I haven't seen this blog yet. It looks like there is no competition between Minnesota and any other place.

I guess to make this a reason why you should move to Minnesota I could say "Minnesota is the only place that has a blog dedicated to getting friends to move to Minnesota."

Minnesota is the only place that has a blog dedicated to getting friends to move to Minnesota

What super, awesome, extraordinary, rad, fantastic, totally harsh blog does your unsuper, unawesome, unextraordinary, unrad, unfantastic, untotally harsh city have to offer?

Popular posts from this blog

Cycles, Cycles, Cycles

After describing the amazing Pedal Pub to everybody, I decided to make cycles (in their many forms) be the next tangent for the foreseeable future (just to clarify, I do not mean unforeseeable, because I do know how many posts this tangent will contain). I know most of you were thinking after the last post (feel free to tell me what happens when somebody assumes), that gigantic quadracycle looked amazing, but how would that be a practical way to traverse the city, especially since you need 8-10 people to power it. This is correct, unless all my friends move to Minnesota, then we will always have an abundant supply of leg power. Well, do I have a solution for you. Bicycles. 2 wheels instead of 4. What a simple fix. Sure, each of your cities has bikes and many of you (hopefully) own a bike. I'm so glad for you, what a great accomplishment for your city (spoken in the tone when you demean somebody by saying "that's cute"). I did a little research (known as hanging ...

Ice Skating Rinks

Since the Winter Olympics are starting very soon, I felt like explaining something cool about the winter and Minnesota. Scattered throughout the Twin Cities metro are Ice Skating/Hockey(with boards)/Broomball rinks, outside, in many parks. The best part of this is they are free (and maintained) for people to use. In your city, you may have ice rinks or ice arenas inside large buildings (eyesores) for you to escape your boring, non-winter reality; these are places you have to pay to enter. Well not in Minnesota. We believe that ice skating is a natural human right, or something like that. I understand you can argue that we pay taxes to keep these ice rinks around. I cannot deny that, but here is why it is better than paying your 5-10 dollar admission to skate in your arenas. 1. We pay taxes for the awesome parks (which we have in abundance and I can post on that later) already, so the land is already there. You could say we are making sure we use the park year round, by flooding it with...

Welcome To Pig's Eye

All of our cities and states have their interesting histories (not really yours, only mine does) that we can all be proud of or just baffled by. Sometimes the history is something that only the  They Might Be Giants will appreciate. Well, in the honor of Constantinople and New Amsterdam comes Pig's Eye, the city name that may only be rivaled by Porkopolis (apparently just a nickname, but a wicked nickname). Pig's Eye, the once great name of what we now all refer to as Saint Paul, was the heart and center of all culture in the entire world and center to civilization during the... I had to stop myself there. None of that culture and worldwide civilization stuff is true. Pig's Eye is just a great name for a great city. It all started with Pierre "Pig's Eye" Parrant , that nice looking man who thrived in a town that eventually was named after him (well at least after his nickname because I am fairly certain that his parents (nor legally through some gov...